For Top Ten Tuesday, an original weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, we’re asked to share our top 10 new-to-us authors we read this year. In alphabetical order, here are 10 authors who I read for the first time in 2014, along with what works of theirs I read.
There are another 10 writers who could have just as easily have been on this list.
1. Carlene Bauer (Frances and Bernard)
2. Katie Coyle (“Fear Itself,” from One Story)
3. poet Olena Kalytiak Davis (And Her Soul Out of Nothing)
4. poet Terrance Hayes (Muscular Music, Hip Logic, Wind in a Box, Lighthead)
5. Rachel Joyce (Perfect)
6. Paul Monette (Borrowed Time)
7. Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)
8. Dani Shapiro (Devotion, Slow Motion)
9. Megan Stielstra (Once I Was Cool)
10. Niall Williams (History of the Rain)
Each week The Broke and the Bookish post a new Top Ten list and everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Simply link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!