Let the weekend begin … it’s time to Bloggiesta! For those not in the know, Bloggiesta is a weekend-long blogging marathon (hosted by the wonderful Natasha of Maw Books Blog) where we write backlogged posts, tweak this and that on the blog, and do any other blog upkeep and beautification that is necessary. This is the 4th year and, I believe, my 4th year participating and it is always a fun and productive time.
I’ll admit, it kind of snuck up on me this year, so I’m winging it with my Bloggiesta to-do list.
1. I already did one thing this morning, which was to finish up a review of The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris. Really enjoyed this one.
2. Speaking of reviews, my main goal is to get all the links to my Book Reviews onto my Book Review Index page. I’ve been adding them here and there, but I’m curious to see how many I actually have written and I like the idea of having them all in one place. If I only accomplish this, I will consider Bloggiesta ’11 a success.
3. I just finished We Have Always Lived in the Castle at lunchtime. I’m planning to write that review and then all my 2011 books that I want to review will be up-to-date.
5. I want to learn how to make a button, goshdarnit! I’d like one for my Decluttering 2011 Project that I have going on. Plus I had another idea for a reading challenge and I can’t lean on Florinda‘s shoulder right now to have her make another button for me.
6. I need to organize my blog photos, particularly buttons and books.
7. I want to set up some pages for the Challenges I’m doing this year.
8. Back up the blog.
I’m sure I will think of some more to-do’s over the weekend, which is a busy one with a few things happening on the homefront, but I can’t resist a Bloggiesta.
copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.